Thursday, October 2, 2014

Memory Quilt: Toddler Dresses

How lucky am I to be working with these pretty dresses!!




Such cute details on each one. 


Urm - someone stole my camera .... (Bunny #3)


How to include all these lovely details in the project!



I have already begun to start the process of deconstructing these dresses and my eldest said "Why are you cutting these up - they are too pretty to be cut up." And I have to sort of agree with her - yet I intend to do them justice!



The ticket is for cushion for the mom's bed & a quilt for the youngest girl of 4. I have many many ideas. Stay tuned to see what becomes of these.

5 comments:

hetty said...

Oh! I am looking forward to that!

Sue said...

I can't wait to see the end result. I always think when I finish with an item that I've enjoyed that I should save it and make something from it. If I had done that I'd be chin deep in old clothes by now.But I do plan to make a wall hanging from my Portie shirts. I can't bear the idea of tossing them out.

Lucy Daniel said...

I look forward to seeing the end results to these quilts. Just in time too. Plan on making several memory quilts, but where to begin???? Thank you for sharing your talent and looking forward to seeing these quilts.

Claudia/Ompompali said...

Phew! I don't envy you because i think I could never cut into these cute little dresses! Men's shirts is fine but these wonderful girly dresses? I am sure that you will make something beautiful from them and am lookingforward to the finish quilt.....but those cuts.....:-)

Unknown said...

Aww ladies - they are all now cut up into little pieces ready to be sewn back together. I hope you stay posted to see the results (which I doubly hope will be just as beautiful as the dresses were.)