Friday, June 13, 2008

The Tooth Fairy and Tagged

I made a Tooth Fairy Pillowcase (as dreamed about in my Pillowcase Tutorial.) I really love it - it is crisp, white and simple. It was really difficult to get a photograph to show just how sweet it is. There is a little pocket - disguised as a letter to the Tooth Fairy - so you have somewhere to put the baby tooth and somewhere she can leave her gift. As a child I got 20p piece for each tooth - what did you get??
And I used gold and silver thread for all the applique - so she shimmers a little ...
... but I based her on the most famous of all the fairies - Tinkerbell - I hope this wasn't cheating too much.

I've also been tagged by Julie of Little Cotton Rabbits and Dyan of Flower Childe Cottage so here I go ... I hope I'm not too dull!

What was I doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago I was working in London as a secretary for a bank. My husband was actually my boss - and it all sounds a bit of a naughty office romance - and no one believes us that nothing happened until I had actually left that job. I still giggle at how it all worked out. We have now been together since 2001 and now married for 3+ years.

Five Things on My To-Do List for today:
1. Weed the vegetable patch.
2. Practice the piano more - I'm a lazy student.
3. Try and focus on rabbit crafts rather than getting distracted by my new love of pillowcases.
4. Write more. Write anything ...
5. Spend more time with my husband - which is impossible because he is always at work!

Snacks I Enjoy:
An apple that has been icy chilled by the fridge. (In my tummy now!)
Cheese - any sort - but if it is with fig jam - all the better.
Peanut M&M’s - I hide the wrappers from my husband ;-)
Kashi Go Lean Honey & Almond Crunchy cereal with yogurt - yum.
Is Diet Coke a food group? I do hope so!

Things I Would Do if I Were a Billionaire:
Adopt a rescue donkey (I really want a pet donkey as well as a rabbit)
Set up a charitable trust
Maybe buy one pair of very expensive shoes
Buy a Fiat 500 ... preferably with a sunroof and bright yellow.

Places I have Lived:
Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire (UK) and New York (US)

17 comments:

Unknown said...

The tooth fairy pillowcase is so sweet. I love her polkadotted dress. How funny that you worked for your husband and then later married him!

periwinkle said...

lovely pillowcase, its a great idea. I worked with my hub too but he wasn't my boss :-)
Lisa x

LizzieJane said...

What a sweet pillowcase, it is just lovely.
I was also tagged by Julie and I still have to get to it, hopefully I will this weekend.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
Kathy
xxx

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your toothfairy pillowcase is so sweet! My children always get a $2 coin (which is a small gold coin). When i was a child, we got 10c plus a bright red apple.

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your tag answers and that pillow case with a tooth fairy pocket is inspiring! Jen

Mrs Moog said...

I love your pillowcase! It's so pretty and such a lovely idea :)

Great meme facts! Only one pair of expensive shoes?

xxxx

Kellie said...

I just love the pillow case! What a great idea! We could have used one this week as my big girl lossed a tooth on Wednesday. My first car was a Fiat aren't they lovely! And I love it that you want a donkey!

pink-petal-designs said...

Lovely tooth pillow case. My daughter has just lost her front two teeth and the tooth faries left her £2 for each one.

Simone said...

I love your tooth fairy pillowcase. When I was little I used to get a silver sixpence hidden under the corner of the living room carpet!

Bumpkin Hill said...

that was so funny you know - one of the things I would do if I was a millionaire would be to set up my own rescue donkey centre. I just adore donkeys and horses and all animals really. I've got a lottery ticket for tonight fingers crossed!! love your pillow cases .Hugs, Catherine x

Ragged Roses said...

I love the pillowcase, its very special. I can't remember how much the tooth fairy use to bring me unfortunately! Loved all your tag answers
Kimx

Kitty said...

That's a gorgeous tooth fairy pillow. My two write notes to their tooth fairies - I have woken at 4am in a cold sweat before now because I've realised Arrrrrgggghhhh - the note!

It's always lovely to read about the person behind a blog - thanks for sharing. x

Louise said...

I can't remember how much the tooth fairy brought my brother and I as kids. I do remember the five teeth I had pulled out in a pot sitting on the mantelpiece though! A pillow with a pocket would have been a much nicer idea! Nice to hear a little more about you in your meme. x

Madi said...

wow what a great idea.. !!! this tops my tooth fairy pillows.. wonderful!

Twiggy said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I love your blog and the tooth fairy pillow is gorgeous. I can't remember how much the tooth fairy used to leave me it's a long time ago:) I can remember playing with my wobbly little teeth and grossing out my big sister though - happy days - tee hee
Twiggy x

silverpebble said...

Hello, many thanks for your lovely commetn on my blog. What a fab idea for a pillowcase - perfect. My eldest is only 2 1/2 but I will have to call on you when the time comes for teeth to fall out. I'll be visiting again...

Jen said...

Rachael, that is a truly gorgeous idea.............HMMMMMMMM I wonder if you could do a denture pillow for Nana to put her false teeth in...... or is that just wrong? I love it. I loved reading your 'tagged' responses.