Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Princess Tea Party Ideas


We had a really fun day for our baby bunny #1's 4th birthday party. The theme was a Princess Tea Party. Here are some little crafty bits we did to make the day special.


I decorated our chandelier with my tulle pom poms.

  

I found 100 yards of ribbon for $3.99 at The Tulle Shop. I made holes in paper plates with a hole punch and tied a big bow onto the side. 


For party favors we spent a long time painting boxes. Once they were dry we glued on gems and dipped the tops in glitter to soak up any extra glue. We filled the boxes with princess jewels and wrapped the boxes in Princess ribbon that I had found in the $1 bin at Michaels. Our labels were made from this paper punch - it is a really great paper punch for labels - not too small.

  
 

I found pink satin chair covers for $2 each. The girls were SO excited by sitting on their Princess chairs - I can see us using these covers for years to come. Not only did they look gorgeous but they washed and tumble dried really well too. The ribbon for the bows was that cheap indoor nylon ribbon you can find in huge rolls at craft stores.


Our gift bags were plain white paper bags that we glued foam crowns onto - we dotted the crowns with yet more plastic gems. 


I made center pieces for the table out of tissue paper flowers. The tissue layers of the flowers are tied together with pipe cleaners and then the pipe cleaners twirled around ribbon wands. I put ribbon around some cheap glass drink dispensers I found at Target some years back. Our birthday bunny had requested pink lemonade. My favorite lemonade recipe is delicious - though I tend to add a ton of ice to help water it down and make it less sweet. To make the lemonade pink I add pureed (and sieved) strawberries (a 16oz box) - sliced lemons and strawberries make it look all the more delicious.


The end result was really pretty. The girls - all dressed in princess clothes - danced (a lot), sang songs and went on the treasure hunt. Our tea party menu was PB&J sandwiches, fruit salad and mini cookies - topped off by an ice cream cake!

5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- it all looks so beautiful! I LOVE those gorgeous chair covers and your pretty tulle pompoms. What lucky girls!!!

Sue said...

Oh wow! Will you adopt me. I never had a birthday party and that one sounds perfect even now that I'm ancient.
Sue

Gemma said...

And this post right here is one of the reasons why I want a girl next time around! Gorgeous.

Dianne @ Sweet Journey Home said...

OMGoodness! That is spectacular! I can only imagine the looks on the faces of the little girls entering this room and seeing all of this. What great ideas you have!

hetty said...

Oh, my! What wonderful decorations! Everything looks so beautiful. Lucky party-goers. Can't believe that Bunny #1 is 4 already. How time flies!