Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fallen Soldier Quilt


This came in the mail from England and now I have the daunting task of making it into a quilt.

I have to say - I'm truly honored that I have been trusted with this project.


I've been reading that I need to treat the material as though it was a neutral color .... deciding on the pattern and fabric choices was really tough.

I spent a long time looking at quilt patterns and finally decided on this pattern.

 

I considered so many patterns and fabrics - it was quite overwhelming to decide. I feel that this pattern will draw focus to the camouflage fabric but not to be overwhelming or heavy in design.

 
I'm cut and already to go. I'll let you know when it is finished. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- that looks so interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a quilt made from fatigues. Can't wait to see it!

Sue said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt. I'll bet it looks wonderful.
Sue