- green yarn
- wooden skewer
- hemp or Christmas wrapping paper
- pot of old Playdoh
- cling film/saran wrap
- decorative buttons
- pompom makers or previously mentioned wonky circles of cardboard in ascending size
- Make your pompoms in ascending size. For my trees I used anywhere between 2-5 pompoms.
- Put pompoms in ascending size onto a skewer - squish them tightly together and trim. Remember to leave some skewer empty on the base and on the top of the tree.
- Put glue on to the top of the skewer and shape pom pom at the top.
- Add any tree topping decoration - I used plastic star shaped buttons.
- Wrap a lump of old Playdoh in cling film/saran wrap (you can use anything that has weight to it and can be speared with a skewer), then again in hemp or wrapping paper. Secure with a bow.
- Trim skewer to desired size and put the remaining skewer into the Playdoh. Trim hemp/wrapping paper.