- a square of hemp, quilt batting and a holiday cotton print - all the same size (I have used 36" squares - but smaller or large squares would also work)
- Layer the three squares - batting, hessian and cotton print wrong side up.
- Pin layers together and sew around the edge leaving enough of a gap on one side for turning. I used a 1/4" seam. (Tip: A walking foot makes it easy to sew multiple layers together.)
- Trim seams and turn - sew remaining hole shut.
- Pin layers together and sew a circle (approx 2.5" from edges) and then another circle 1/2 “ inside first circle.
- On the cotton print side make small incision between the two sewn circles. Thread elastic through. Pull the elastic as tight as possible. Secure elastic and close incision.
- Tie bow on front. Add gift tag and any other decorative items as desired.