Saturday, July 19, 2008

These Little Piggies Go Home

Occasionally one of those projects that is super fun comes along. A lady had seen Kristen’s baby playmat and wanted something similar for her friend. My guidelines were modern, chocolate brown, light green and piggies - I set to work.The first idea that popped into my head was mummy piggie with some baby piggies. Mummy piggie looks awfully proud of her well dressed babies - can you blame her?
... but where would they live – in a sty of course! And Mummy piggie would be very proud of her clean and straw filled sty – the phrase “Sty Sweet Sty” wouldn't leave my piggie filled head ...
... so here it is – my piggie playmat ...... (it also has buttons and little hangers on the back so that it can be a wall hanging too)... ... a double layer of cotton batting makes it extra thick and comfy for baby to play and roll around on. And of course we hope that the first word to be learnt will be 'piggie'!
So I know it isn't the same as the first playmat - but I hope it fills all the requirements and gets the Oink Oink seal of approval.

18 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your play mat - it is so sweet - love those pig appliques!

Barbara Brown said...

very cute and creative.i am sure mommy and baby will love it.

Anonymous said...

so pretty! great job.

Kellie said...

Rachael it is lovely! What a clever irl you are!

susan said...

oh it gets my oink of approval!
did you know in swedish oink oink is nerf nerf(sp?)?
your playmat is so sweet, and you obviously put my care and thought into it
lucky baby and mama

LizzieJane said...

I think you are on a roll Rachael, you have been coming uo with the cutest things lately, this is so adorable, well done you!

Louise said...

Have always loved piggies, and grew up with the real thing, infact near enough born in the stye! Your playmat is lovely, both mum and baby are sure to love it. x

periwinkle said...

so cute - love it
lisa x

Ally Jay said...

I totally agree with your idea for making bags instead of using gift wrapping. It saves money, resources and waste. Way to go rachael.
The piggie mat is just so adorable. I am sure it will be well loved

April said...

that is so sweet! Aren't you clever!

April xx

dottycookie said...

Oh, that's adorable!

Meg said...

What a great idea! I love the pigs and the colors!

bettyninja said...

Love the sty sweet sty detail!

I received my ASB project from you last week- it was so nice! Thanks for putting so much amazing effort into it. I love it . Both the bunny and the book are so soft and nice. I love the little tail.

I will be sending yours out this week. I hope you don;t mind, but I went with the bunny project too.

Bumpkin Hill said...

FABULOUS play mat, I LOVE it - the fabrics go so well together too - really cute :) Catherine x

Annina said...

Your blog and your works are very very beautiful!!! I love it!
Kisses from Italy! :)
Anna.

JuicyFig said...

that is gorgeous! love the colours, and the piggies are so sweet!

kath
x

Anonymous said...

Pig-tastic I say! Jen

Mytutorlist.com said...

Adorable!