Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Luke Haynes

I haven't made much progress with any of my projects because I've been too busy hanging out with this guy (Luke Haynes) who has take a few days to come and give me some guidance. His quilts are VERY cool - you can see more of his work on his website www.lukehaynes.com




I first noticed Luke Haynes some years back. This is the first of his quilts I ever saw (below.) (I love this quilt!)


Luke doesn't usually travel with his quilts - but this time he was (lucky me) - so I got my own private quilt show - which was really cool - and I got to ask lots of boring questions like 'what stitch length do you use' - to which he rolled his eyes!

I love love love the detail on the jeans in this quilt. 




And Bunny #1 insisted on giving her own quilt show which Luke humored very well.




She was very descriptive about how she made each quilt.



And then Luke showed her his quilts and I was blown away by the questions she asked and how interested she was. It was so cute and Luke was a bit of a superstar for going with it it all so well!

I fear I'm not going to have time for anything at all (like I had lots of spare time before!) as this guy has provided me with so much 'homework' and ideas I am drowning! But how lucky am I to be hob-knobbing with the professionals!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow! I don't know how you scored a visit from this guy, but good for you! And I love how intently he is paying attention to your daughter and vice versa. So sweet!

Unknown said...

I'm a very lucky lady. Luke was fun charming & gave me so much homework I feel I'm back in school again!!