You will need:
- Strip of non roll elastic (please see my chart for waist sizes)
- Approx 20 standard plastic grocery bags (I stuck to plain white, Target and Trader Joe plastic bags - a red and white color scheme)
1) Cut the handles off your bags.
2) Cut the bags down the middle in half.
4) Using the same knot as I used in the No Sew Tulle Tutu knot your elastic bags onto your elastic.
(Image from http://www.craftster.org/)
5) Fluff, scrunch and fiddle with your plastic bags to get maximum volume on your tutu.
I can see some really cool Halloween outfits being made using black trash bags!
Previous Tutu Tutorials: No Sew Tulle Tutu
- Tutu using Fabric scraps
- Basic Sewn Tutu